My friends and colleagues, Daniella and Norene are back! Daniella Silver, author of, The Silver Platter: Simple to Spectacular, once again teams up with author Norene Gilletz – to bring their new cookbook, Simple Elegance: Effortless Recipes with Sophisticated Results. As Daniella says, “ It’s not about dozens of hard-to-find ingredients, pricey equipment, and complicated instructions. It’s simply about paying attention to the small details – an unusual garnish, an unexpected ingredient, a touch of flair in presentation.” No surprise, we are friends, right?! I’m all about easy enough for everyday but special enough for Shabbos.
It’s full of recipes with ingredients you probably already have and easy to follow instructions. If you like quinoa, there are many options to try, also sweet chicken dishes, and lots of side dishes.
I tested quite a few things from the book….here’s a sampling, and a few sneak peak recipes.
– Mushroom Cauliflower Soup – smooth, creamy without the cream, nice weeknight soup
– Hoisin Steak Bites – sweet flavored meat, marinade came together in two minutes. I grilled them though, instead of pan-fried as per the instructions. Flavorful and less fattening.
– Honey Roasted Pistachio Chicken – guests enjoyed it
– Everything Kale Salad – beautiful salad, I’d omit the honey but had beautiful crunch and assorted ingredients.
– Granola Ice Cream Cake – I made it in a loaf pan and served it with a strawberry sauce from the site, but it was a lovely dessert.
– Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cake/Muffins – sweet and tart contrast is both pretty and tasty in these.
SIMPLE ELEGANCE contains over 160 recipes and each one includes Norene’s Notes, techniques, tips and advice from cooking guru, Norene Gilletz. All recipes have indications whether it’s freezer-friendly for make-ahead cooking, kosher for Passover, gluten-free, and full nutritional analysis. From Appetizers, Soups and Salads to Fish, Poultry, Meat, Dairy, Sides and Desserts.
I’ve got one to giveaway, just in time for Hanukah. You know the drill…post a comment to enter, post it on instagram for double entry (FOLLOW me on Gourmet Kosher). Submit to enter, through December 22 at 12 am.
Submit to win this cookbook
2. If you are already a subscriber, send us a comment. We love to hear your thoughts and ideas.
3. Follow me on instagram Gourmet Kosher, and like the post and tag two friends for double entry
Enter by December 22, 12 a.m.
THE SILVER PLATTER SIMPLE ELEGANCE:
Effortless Recipes with Sophisticated Results
From the kitchen of Daniella Silver
With tips & techniques from Norene Gilletz
Hardcover/ $34.99 US / $48.95 Canada