Serves 6 – 8
This is one of my favorite salads. Its colorful, delicious, light and best of all super easy to make. It can also be made a few hours in advance since the cabbage takes longer to soften.
- 1 bag (12 ounce) shredded purple cabbage
- 1 bag (12 ounce) shredded carrots
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut up in ½ inch dice
- 1 mango, cut up in cubes or thinly sliced
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ½ cup of sesame oil
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon sriracha (depending on how spicy you prefer)
In a large bowl mix both bags of shredded cabbage and carrot. Add in chopped scallions, cubed avocado and mango.
For the dressing: Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha.
Dress the salad and mix to combine.