Homemade vs. purchased, what’s a girl to do? It’s really a crazy question because a homemade version is just so much better, however, nothing beats picking up a pie in a pinch. If you want to make pizza night a fun, interactive meal though, you can blend the homemade and take-away versions with a snap. My kids love building their own varietals, a nice alternative to taco night. Of course, you need some fun cheeses, and veggie toppings but keep these more unique ingredients in mind too.
Sunny-side up egg
Pizza tips and recipes…
1) You don’t need to make homemade dough. Yes, its yummy but many commercial varieties are available in your local market or at Trader Joe’s. Many pizzerias are willing to sell the dough too. Let it come to room temperature before topping though.
2) You do need a pizza stone though. A sheet pan will not be big enough for a decent circular pizza and more importantly will not produce the crispy bottom surface that a stone will. Get something simple, no need for a fancy one, any brand made from stone is great.
3) Use a homemade sauce, recipes below. Starting with great sauce adds depth of flavor. Recipes: My Favorite Super Simple Pizza Red Sauce , My Favorite White Sauce .
4) Don’t use too much cheese, use other flavor enhancers like pesto, crushed red pepper, oregano, garlic, etc.
5) Drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt before baking.
For super combinations and other recipes including homemade pizza dough, BBQ pizza, pizza puffs, pizza dip and more, click here 
Or try my most favorite pizza, Caramelized Onion and Boursin Cheese Pizza