This is a famous Duncan Hines recipe. Use tofutti sour cream and make your own glaze and you have a perfect pareve dessert.
1 pkg Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden Cake Mix
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped pecans
4 large eggs
1 cup Tofutti sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons non-dairy creamer
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
2. To prepare streusel filling, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
3. To prepare cake, combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and granulated sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer 4 minutes. Pour two-thirds of batter into pan. Sprinkle with streusel filling. Spoon remaining batter evenly over filling.
4. Bake at 375°F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
Bake at 375°F for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
5. Combine ingredients for glaze. Stir until smooth and thin. Drizzle over cooled cake.
can u make this ina bundt pan instead of a tube pan?
Definitely – and it looks and tastes just as good!
do you think this would freeze well? and do you think the glaze would freeze or you’d need to put it on after defrosting?
This definitely freezes well; it would be best to glaze after defrosting.
Thanks. Any ideas for a nut free substitution?
you can just leave out the nuts – i sometimes do that anyway because children frequently don’t like them – it still tastes really good.